- Addison is clapping her hands - especially when I'm doing something she likes, like getting her more puffs. It is A-dor-able!! And her eating puffs is a sight to see, too. Her aim is not quite on target, lol. SO cute!
- Both babies love the "men, men, men, men, manly men, men, men" song from Two and a Half Men. I have that show on from 6-7pm because Jason is at work and I don't like the dark quiet house. And they have picked up on that song and stop what they are doing to look at me and smile....and Jackson dances to it! Tonight we were in a completely different room eating dinner and he heard it and started dancing in his chair with a huge grin on his face. Priceless!
- We went to the eye doctor today to get glasses and some other people there were talking to Jackson. He's a gorgeous little man and he draws a crowd:). He was on my lap and shyly cuddled into my chest. I LOVE that feeling. I love being his mom. I love that he feels safe with me. I love being THE ONE for him. I craved that feeling for so many years.
- I take daily walks with the babies now. I love it. They are calm and quiet the entire time. I don't have to entertain them. We get fresh air. I get a little exercise. What's not to love?
- The babies were in their chairs tonight eating dinner and just cracking each other up. They would reach towards each other and then they'd both just start giggling. They made eye contact and seemed to be communicating in their own amazing way. I have no idea what was so funny but they just kept laughing. And of course I laughed. I love that they are playing together like this now. It's just now hitting me that Addison has a brother and Jackson has a sister. I hope they always know what a blessing that is.
- Nursing Addy before her naps and before bed continues to be some of the best moments of my days. I cherish each moment. In 4 months, she will be a toddler. Cuddle time is at a premium. Maybe I shouldn't nurse her to sleep (she doesn't always go to sleep though) but I could care less. I earned this bliss. And I will eat it up.
- I attempted my first out-of-the-house trip by myself with the babies that was just for fun (we've done it for necessity, but I normally wait for Jason to be home to go out for fun because it is SO much work with 2 babies). We went to the mall play area. It went wonderfully (well, at least the babies did SO well, the play area was a mess of drama that I don't want to get in to here) and it built up my confidence. I will try it more and more. I can do this!
- Both babies are usually in bed by 8pm now. And I get an hour or so to do what I need to do AND what I want to do. I get to watch one of my favorite shows on my DVR or cruise facebook or write blogs about all the ways my babies make me smile:).
- And, my hubby makes me smile every day too - he is SO cute with these babies. He adores them, they adore him. But he still recognizes that I am the favorite and he's ok with that:). He works hard so I can be at home with my babies and have the luxury to work out of the home when I choose and how I choose. And then he watches the babies when I do work. And he does all our vacuuming! Now THAT'S a keeper, lol! I am so blessed to share this life, and these miracles, with him.
So, there you go, just a short list of the things that make my days amazing. How did I get so lucky? I don't know, but I'm sure going to savor every moment!