Tuesday, September 17, 2013

With Hope, The Odds Don't Matter!

After my last post, a reader reached out to me and asked me to share her story in honor of Mesothelioma Awareness Day on September 26.  Heather was diagnosed with mesothelioma 7 years ago when her daughter was 3 1/2 months old.  She was told by doctors that she would have 15 months to live.   She fought, she lived, she beat it and now she is spreading hope.  I am amazed by her story and I thought you might be too.  As I write this, I am struck by the title of MY blog, "Nurture Your Hopes."  I clung to stories of hope in my dark years of infertility and loss.  The quote under my header really held me up when things seemed so hopeless.  I was told that my husband and I had a 7% chance of conceiving a child on our own and carrying her to term.  We have Addy now (conceived with absolutely no medical support), who is 2 1/2 years old and full of LIFE!  Please visit Heather's website,  read her story and maybe spread some hope on your blog, facebook page, or whatever social networking site you find most appropriate:).  Her site is:   www.mesothelioma.com/heather/awareness/


"Deep inside us, we have a spirit of energy and determination, a spirit that refuses to be broken - and we call this hope.  Even when life's challenges overwhelm us our hope inspires us to rise to new heights."


No comments:

Post a Comment