Friday, August 6, 2010

Quick Update

Ok, the gist of this update is this: there really is no big update! But, people keep asking for updates, so I'll just say where we are for now. We're still waiting for baby girl to be born. We are nervous about timing as we will be traveling out of town during the time she is due. We are not sure how to plan around a not-so-sure date. So, we are just moving forward as we normally would, and will change plans if/when we need to.

T and I are continuing to keep in touch by letters. I can tell she is sad about the upcoming loss, but also happy that the baby is coming home with us. She is sincerely excited for us to finally get to be mom and dad. She is truly amazing. She asked for pictures of the nursery, and I happily obliged. I will post pictures here once it is painted - should be next week sometime.

We are somewhat concerned about baby girl's health. She is measuring very small, and the last two ultrasounds T was supposed to get were canceled. It is very frustrating to not know what is going on in there. We just hope she is healthy as can be, just a little small. I love little peanut babies, so I'm ok with small:). Just be healthy, little one!

Sorry I don't have anything exciting to say! The car seat is ready, the stroller is in the trunk, the bassinet is set up in our bedroom, the nursery is prepared, the swing is assembled and ready to go....now all we need is baby girl:). I'll let you know when I know something! Thank you for all your prayers, thoughts and well wishes. They mean so much to us.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is coming together!! I can't wait to see the nursery pics. I'm sure it looks amazing! Praying for T, the baby and for you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My baby girl is small too! I love petite little girls! Praying everything is healthy with your little one! I can't wait till the post when you have her in your arms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are both in limbo, I had to unfortunately cancel my trip! :(

    I can't wait for us to have our 2nd lunch/play date with our daughters! I'm so excited for us to have little girls around the same age. Isn't it crazy, a few months ago we were baby shopping at BRU and eating lunch. We are adoption buddies and now we're going to be mommy buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Godson was tiny when he was born--so fun to hold:)
    Praying for T and your baby girl to remain in good health!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad for the update! Praying for you guys constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking lots of happy thoughts for you guys! I'm just so thrilled for you to finally be a Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just checked in... How exciting and nerve-wracking and thrilling all at once. I know the feeling! Hang in there during this hard wait. We are praying you have a healthy baby in your arms very, very soon.

    ReplyDelete