Thursday, August 19, 2010

She is born!!!

Ok, just a quick update. Addison Faith was born on 8-17-10. We have NO details until later today when the social worker picks her up from the hospital. We assume she is healthy and at least over 5lbs as she is being released in less than 48 hours. It is excruciating being up here in Michigan, so far from her. I am not sleeping, not resting. Just worrying and anticipating.

The consents will be signed on Sunday. So far, no signs of a change in plans. She is our daughter in our hearts. There is no question. But, she will be officially ours on Sunday. Then we can breathe. At that time, hubby (daddy) will be flying back to get her, bring her to her first pediatrician appointment on Monday morning, and then flying her back up here to Michigan to be with her mommy and all her extended family for a week. It is not the most peaceful way to bring a baby home, but we've never done things the easy way. We will be sure to protect her, spend quiet time with her, and shield her from the chaos. And our family will spoil her rotten:).

We are busy with family wedding stuff for the next couple of days, so I'll post on Sunday when the consents are signed. Until then, I won't be sleeping much!

7 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhhh! Faith! So excited, praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! I'm so excited for you Faith!! You're in Michigan!?!?!?!? I wish I could meet up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know me, but I am a friend of Jamie's and I've been following your journey the past 2 months :)

    CONGRATULATIONS!!! I don't even *know* you and and I have tears in my eyes right now. Becoming a mother is just. . .well. . .no words can describe the joy! And no matter how tired you will be the next few months, I am betting you will ove every minute of it! I know I did. I took NOTHING fro granted after my journey to motherhood :) I loved all the sleepless nights, spit up, poopy diapers, etc. because it meant I was fianlly a MOM! **Faith, YOU ARE A MOM!!!**

    I pray everything goes smoothly for you.

    Since she was an infant, my 3 year old daughter has done a LOT of travelling with us, and I have tons of great travel tips to make travel easier if you need/want them. Though I am sure your friends and family have some great advice, too. I know I was pretty nervous the 1st time I flew with my daughter, and I compiled a ton of great advice before the trip that made it and all my other trips so much easier :)

    Since I feel like I know you, I will share a small part of my story with you. It's only fair :) I suffered about 4 years of infertility and 2 losses (one early miscarriage and one poor healthy baby who implanted on my ovary) before being blessed with my miracle baby, Hannah. Although I did not adopt, if our last FET did not work we were ready to pursue adoption. (we had the paperwork filled out and ready to go at your same agency). I still have the adoption application in my drawer. . .I consider it part of my journey, and really hope some day to still adopt :) I feel even more strongly about adoption now that I've been following you and Jamie :)

    Sorry, I am babbling! Anyway, thank you for sharing your journey. I am SO EXCITED for you to finally meet your daugther :) It is only a matter of days (which will feel like an eternity, I am sure) I look forward to following your journey into motherhood, now.

    Remember, if you would like any baby travel tips , please don't hesitate to contact me. I really mean it! I would be happy to share with you.
    (tmezzy@hotmail.com)
    Here's my blog--I didn't start it until Hannah was a year old, so it does not chronicle my journey before having her, but it is still a fun journey in motherhood!www.watchhannahgrow.blogspot.com

    You, your family, and your precious new daughter are all in my thoughts and prayers.

    Terra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO excited for you Faith! I can't wait till the post: she is legally yours!!!!!!! :0)!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Oh my.. if you could only see the smile on my face right now..

    Faith.. I am so happy for you. I cannot WAIT to hear your update on Sunday and to see PICTURES!!

    Welcome to the world Addison Faith!! You are fixing to have the BEST parents that God could have ever planned for you!!

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am soooo happy for you and Jason! You guys are going to be the best mommy and daddy ever! I can imagine you seeing her for the first time when he gets off the plane. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. I wish I could be there! :) Can't wait to see some pics of baby Addison. Love you guys!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete