Sunday, May 8, 2011

My First Mother's Day

The day is so big, and yet so small. Nothing was that different. Except I was able to go to Target and not feel left out. I saw tons of moms there, loads of Mother's Day cards, and lots of little babies. And I felt no sadness, no grief. Finally. I honestly felt lighter, like a different person. I remember the heaviness I carried with me for the entire week of Mother's Day last year. It was so different this year. I didn't spend the day doing anything spectacular...well, yes I did. I spent it loving on my babies. And I even got to have my husband home doing it with me. It doesn't get better than that. Those are the good days. Mother's Day or not. This Mother's Day marks the end of an era for me. This is the new me:


And I love this me, because I am finally complete. It's like little pieces of my heart were missing, and now there they are, sitting on my lap. How cute are they?!

If having them isn't dreamy enough, here is what I am getting for Mother's Day (it is both of their birthstones:)):



Happy Mother's Day to all those new mommies this year - there are lots of us! And of course, to all of you missing your angels lost, and your moms who have passed, you are in my heart. And for those of you still dreaming and praying that this is your year to take on the title of Mommy - I am dreaming and praying with you. Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Faith...I have tears in my eyes reading this. One reason is because I am so happy for you and your babies. I know the difference you speak of first hand. I can see and feel it every single time I am with you. Exactly like you said, it was like pieces of you were missing. Second reason was because of the fact you haven't forgot where you once were and still remember how the rest of us infertile ladies feel. And finally for remembering me today and how much I am missing my Mom and the babies I don't have yet. Your text today was much needed. Even my Dad was glad I have friends who care that much. Sorry I didn't take you up on the meal delivery but after my Dad left I was sulking. Happy Mothers Day to you!!! And could you have planned their stones to be any more beautiful together?!?! Matching your planned bedding and looking so gorgeous together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful picture! I love the ring, what a great idea and their stones are gorgeous together!

    Happy Mommy Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy First Mother's Day, Faith! And yes, yes they are super cute :)

    ~ Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day!

    I love the title Nurturing Hope, excellent. God always makes a way.

    Please check us out at tigerreport.blogspot.com and wbfanbs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been following your blog for a while, but never commented.

    Happy Mother's Day! Your kids are so precious. And your blog posts always have such a beautiful perspective. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some precious little babies on your lap! I love your ring!
    I don't have a baby in my arms, but it is a very different feeling. I feel more secure, less scared, and much more hopeful.
    Congrats on your first mother's day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy FIRST Mother's Day. The picture is great and all three of you look soooo happy. Give those babies a hug from GiGi and Papa. Your ring is beautiful. Again, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete