Wednesday, July 27, 2011

On The Verge

Both of my babies are on the verge of big things. Jackson has taken steps on his own in the past couple of days! He started taking about 2 steps between things and then tonight he took a full 5 steps going from the ottoman to his play table. He just balances himself standing and then takes off! It is so amazing to watch. I am continuously in awe of my little man. Addison is also on the verge of mobility. She has been getting up on her hands and knees and rocking for the past few days. She can scooch around the floor pretty competently. She is only 5+ months! Jackson did not even come close to crawling until around 7+ months! I'm sure Addison is more advanced because she spends all of her time on her tummy. Jackson could never do that because of his reflux. No matter the "whys," I am just loving every single moment of watching them grow. It is, of course, bittersweet. But to see them happy and thriving makes me love every day of my life with them. Truly. Every. Day. I give it less than a month and I will have 1 walker and 1 crawler on my hands. And then I will REALLY be busy (I thought I had been up until now!).

4 comments:

  1. They are growing so fast! It is amazing to see the difference each time I see them so I can only imagine what's it like to witness on a daily basis. I was impressed with her mobility the other day. More than that I was impressed with her skills of manipulation and how easily she can work people. Either she's a master or I'm a really big sucker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can barely deal with one crawler. She is already cruising and so walking may be close. I have not even babyproofed yet. You are going to be so crazy with 2 mobile babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, two babies on the move, you are really going to be tired now!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEk! Alana took 3 steps Sunday and then hasn't since! I think it freaked her out! haha. Go babies go, Momma isn't busy enough! lol

    ReplyDelete