Saturday, May 22, 2010

Updated Nursery Pictures!!

The nursery is far from done, but it is coming together. We are obviously in no rush, so it is just piece by piece. It is a fun process, though. It is still hard to believe that an actual baby will occupy this space one day...but there better be a baby here soon, because this stuff is expensive:)!

This is a picture of the room from the doorway (forgive the mess with boxes and such). Where the bassinet is sitting is where the glider and ottoman will go (we think). The glider is due to our house this Thursday! I am so excited to have it!

Here is a picture of our beautiful crib. A friend put it together for us, and we are so thankful!

These are the sheets I bought on ebay. I really love the polka dots!!!


Here is the dresser, which you all have seen before. I still love it!


And now my FAVORITE part of the nursery by far. As you all recall, I really, really loved a fellow blogger's, Rebekah's, baby blanket. She designed it and created it herself. It was beautiful! So, with her blessing, I stole her idea:). I tried to change it up a little and used zebra print instead of the cow print she used. Those of you who know me, know that I cannot sew - I can barely put a button on a pair of pants! So, our dear "Arizona Mom," Sheree, agreed to make the blanket for us. I spent about six weeks picking out fabrics, and Sheree literally took 2 weeks to put it together. Her talent amazes me. Ok, drumroll please:


This is the blanket with a close-up so you can see it with the sheets.


The long view.


Another long view, taken from the side of the crib. I'm not sure why it is rotated so weirdly, but you get the picture!


We have been so blessed. We have had family and friends offer to buy certain pieces of the furniture, friends help with the assembly of the furniture, and Sheree made our blanket. This room is definitely a family effort, and I can feel the love in that room every time I am in there.

Also, in case you haven't heard, we got the "ok" to paint in the baby's room, so that will happen once we know if we are having a boy or a girl. If it is a boy, I am leaning towards a pale baby blue (to really pull the sage green accents out) and if it is a girl, we have decided on a pale lilac color, which I also think will look gorgeous with the green. I will post pictures of the glider in the room, once it arrives.

Lastly, we decided to go all out with the zebra theme:), so we re-decorated our guest bathroom, which is across the hall from the baby's room, in black and white! See for yourself:



So, that's the story of Baby E's new room for now! I wish I could say we had updates on Baby E, but our social worker must be out of the office this week, because she hasn't responded to my email. Anyway, let me know how you like the room so far and have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Faith, I LOVE IT!!! The blanket is gorgeous and turned out perfect! You are a girl of my heart, I love zebra print too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I love love love it!!! Your "mom" did an amazing job on the blanket! The furniture is gorgeous! And the zebra print is fabulous! Baby E is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! I would have done that for a nursery! What wonderful taste you have! The blanket is awesome! You know what a die-hard fan of B&W I am so I'm definitely digging the new bathroom style!! Can't wait to see the Glider!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do like what you have done with the nursery so far. I adore looking at all kinds of baby rooms, but especially the rooms of babies who have been so longed for and so long waited for. I have an "internet friend" who had the theory BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME. and it worked for her. she struggled for years with lots of fertility treatments and finally got a surprise positive pregnancy test on a non medicated cycle. Mybe there is some magic in getting that nursery ready. In your case, of course you are already expecting. Expecting to get a call very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look what I found! And it's on clearence! LoL Saw it and thought of you!
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3678773

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my gosh, Faith, IT'S AWESOME. Very similar to ours (Which I LOVE), but with your own spin. I love the zebra change up. VERY cute. You'll probably have a lot easier time finding zebra accessories to match. The only cow stuff around is rodeo - not really the look I was going for! :)

    CAN'T WAIT TO SEE BABY IN THAT BED.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the blanket!!! It's so unique!!! It's coming along Faith! I'm so happy for you. I think there's going to be a little one in there soon!

    ReplyDelete