Tuesday, February 23, 2010


I was driving today with tears in my eyes as my worst memories flashed before me. Sadly, this is often what happens in my quiet time. All I can see are doctors and ultrasounds and death in front of me. All I can hear in my head during these moments is, "I'm sorry, there is no heartbeat." As I was caught in my thoughts, this song came on the radio:

If you want to hear the song (it really is beautiful) go here.

I was walking home from school on a cold winter's day
Took a shortcut through the woods and I lost my way
It was getting late and I was scared and alone
Then a kind old man took my hand and led me home
Mama couldn't see him, but he was standing there
But I knew in my heart, he was the answer to my prayers

Oh I believe there are angels among us
Sent down to us from somewhere up above
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live
To teach us how to give
To guide us with a light of love

When life dealt troubled times and had me down on my knees
There's always been someone there to come along and comfort me
A kind word from a stranger to lend a helping hand
A phone call from a friend just to say I understand
Ain't it kind of funny at the dark end of the road
Someone lights the way with just a single ray of hope

Oh I believe there are angels among us
Sent down to us from somewhere up above
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live
To teach us how to give
To guide us with a light of love

They wear so many faces
Show up in the strangest places
Grace us with thier mercy
In our time of need

Oh I believe there are angels among us
Sent down to us from somewhere up above
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live
To teach us how to give
To guide us with a light of love


The moment did not escape me. Honestly, I have
never heard that song on the radio, that I can remember. But it came to me when I was at my lowest point in the day. I do believe there are angels among us. So, I just want to take a moment to thank my angels, both in real life and online. Your thoughts, words, comments, and support mean the world to me. Thank you, Lord, for reminding me of my angels when I needed them the most. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that song!!! I know there are angels, and signs, everywhere. I truly believe that. The Spring after we lost Angelia, a butterfly outside our home landed on my hand and stayed there. Butterflies are on of the symbols used for babies who have left this world too soon, and that butterfly on my hand gave me so much comfort. It was as if she was telling me she was okay...

    I have also found many "angels" online, and am so grateful to them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith,

    I am so sorry you have been having these bad days. And you are so strong to think in such positive terms when you are so upset and after all you have been through. But you give me hope and faith and strength by being who you are. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is beautiful, and i've never heard it played on the radio either! I hope your are comforted after your rough week..

    ReplyDelete